23/09/2015

Tori Anne


So I've been following Tori Anne's work throughout the summer (her tumblr here) and it's what inspired me to pick up my markers again. She posts YouTube videos of her process, which I found really useful because it gave me an idea of what I can do to make my own work with markers look better. For example, she often uses coloured pencils to add depth and texture - which oddly enough, I never thought of. 
I'm dying to get my hands on her book, Juicy Ink. I think it's just a compilation of her drawings but it would be a good thing to have for inspiration. 
Now as far as I can tell, she isn't part of an agency, and has just built her practice around her shop, selling prints, products and commissions - the dream, right? 
My reason for posting this was ultimately because I like her image creating process - and I love to play around with this as I feel restricted if I do something one way for too long. I also see her practice as something to aspire to - being able to draw pretty characters all the time must be fun, plus getting paid for it?? There are so many things I want to explore within my practice this year and character is definitely one of them. I feel like I say this every year and I do explore it to some extent, but because I haven't really figured out what I want to do with it, it's difficult. As long as I keep exploring character through my sketchbooks, hopefully I'll be able to figure out how it fits into my practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment