05/09/2015

Leeds College of Art art market

I had completely forgotten that I participated in this at the end of last term! The art market was new to this years' degree show. It was free to submit work, we got to keep all the money we made from sales and all we had to do was take a turn working a shift during the week it was open. 
As always, it was really gratifying having people buy my work. Not only that, but it was nice to be involved in something with other creatives and having a look at their work. 
As with the Hepworth Print Fair I really enjoyed the whole thing and I definitely want to do it again. Selling prints on the side of whatever else I am doing in life, might be a good way to earn some extra income. For now, I have great printing facilities at uni so I can do this pretty cheaply and keep my profit margins up. However, once I leave university this might be harder and is something I will have to look into. 

In terms of exposure for my work, this wasn't too bad. I had a request for one of my print designs to be put onto a t-shirt. Later when I posted the customer photo on my Instagram, I got a couple more requests for it. When there aren't any art markets for me to attend, I can always try and sell work over on Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment