19/09/2015

Mad Maxine Zine

At the Leeds Zine Fair a few weeks ago, I picked up this little zine full of drawings of bad-ass ladies. My favourite piece of artwork from it is definitely the cover, which is what caught my eye in the first place - plus it was free!  
Tons of artists have contributed to this, so there's a pretty wide breadth of work. I think the skill level kind of varies throughout but I think it's a really nice product of collaboration and it celebrates tough grrlz! - good research into third wave feminism for CoP?
I'm wanting to make some zines myself this year (see this post on my studio practice blog), but I was struggling for ideas for what to put inside. Is it okay to just have artwork?? I really like the idea of the colouring page and it reminded me of this post I made about wanting to explore adult colouring books in level 6. I could potentially make a colouring book-zine? The idea of trying to put together a 40 page colouring book sometime this year is scary, so perhaps little zines would be a better idea..? It would be cheap to produce them and I suppose not all the pages would have to be colouring pages - I could give a bit of info on my chosen topic too?
Excited about the possibilities already. Definitely starting to see some synthesis between all my ideas for this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment