05/09/2015

Things in Mind (Leeds Beckett MA Art & Design exhibition)

In order to get a better understanding of life after my degree, I've been looking at a couple of MA courses and even considered a PGCE (although I really don't think teaching is for me!). I wanted to see the kind of work that could be produced on a course like this so I went along to the Leeds Beckett MA Art & Design exhibition.



Initial thoughts

  • Very broad range of work - ranging from photography to fashion garments and installations
  • I'm not sure how some of it would fit into industry? I think this is relatively important to me right now, as I am trying to find my feet as a young professional. 
  • Presentation. If I am brutally honest, I expected a little more from an MA exhibition. This must be because I am coming from a relatively different discipline?
  • Would I enjoy such a broad course? I really enjoy being surrounded by other illustrators at this point.
All in all, I don't think I am interested in doing a course like this. I would like to do an MA in the future but right now, I'm too eager to learn about professionalism and working in the industry. I think in a few years I might be ready to further my education, but right now I want to get out there and put everything I've learned to the test!

No comments:

Post a Comment