24/02/2016

What's my strength?!

I feel really confused about my work right now.. I just don't know where my practice fits in!
I've looked through some of my social media at recent drawings and stuff I was producing in the summer and I've noticed that the ones I enjoyed the most and were the most well received were my little characters/pin ups.


There are other aspects of my practice that I enjoy, like the brush lettering I'm working on in extended practice, but I really feel like I could somehow capitalise on my character work.

I'd like to do more projects like my Monster Grrl one for Extended Practice. My initial idea is to produce something like Tori Anne's Juicy Ink book (my post on her) (her website), which is just a compilation of her pretty drawings. This would not only fulfill my wish to draw cute characters, but it would also give me a product that I could sell at conventions, on my etsy or even send out to companies/people I'd like to work with? Yes, that's what I'll do.

I'm not going to add this to my list of things to do for Extended Practice so I'm just going to post it to here every now and again and just allow myself to enjoy making some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment