25/02/2016

Candy Bird

I've been having a bit of an internal crisis over where my work actually fits in the world. I seem to get it straight in my head for a couple of days and then I start questioning what I'm doing all over again.
I figured I needed to stop looking at my own work for a second and take a look at what else is out there that I can relate to. 



Over on Lemonade Illustration Agency, I came across Candy Bird! I'm really in love with her cute characters and I find it encouraging that they'd been able to form a practice based around that. It seems like their work is used for children's packaging as well as fashion and other design work. 
I think I need to just chill out a bit when it comes to defining my practice. I've been so worried about making it more design based that it's beginning to get boring and I haven't been making much that I'm proud of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment