24/02/2016

Conventions in 2016

I've been looking at some of the artists I really like and where their work exists and I realised that quite a few (such as Babs Tarr or Jen Bartel) take their work to conventions. Both of these practitioners kind of started out by selling their pin-ups and have both progressed into comics. At the moment I don't draw comics but I'd love to one day because I'm interested in the covers. 

Anyway, in my previous post I was fretting about not knowing how to get my work out there because I can't really identify with any agencies/studios that I've come across so far. I've spoken about wanting to sell my work at art markets or something so that I can make a bit of money and talk to people. I've always been interested in selling work at a comic convention but I wasn't planning on doing so until after I graduate (I don't know why!!). I've decided I'd really like to sell some stuff at a convention as soon as possible, so I've identified the ones I'd be able to travel to and started the application process!
  • MCM Manchester Comic Con (emailed!)
  • Yorkshire Cosplay Con (emailed!)
  • Sheffield Film and Comic Con (emailed!)
  • Nottingham Comic Convention (emailed!)
  • Thought Bubble (waiting!)
I really hope I can get a table at some of the bigger conventions! I think it's exactly what I need so I feel like I'm actually working towards something.

No comments:

Post a Comment