15/05/2014

Studio Brief 2 - The Illustrated Self

Since I have become focused on drawing Nintendo characters with a gender swap, I thought it would be a good idea to see how other people have gone about drawing these characters.
By [x]

By [x]

I wouldn't say that either example is really illustration, but fanart. In a way they have drawn their own interpretation of these characters, which is similar to what I am doing. However, I think that my work will be opening the audience up to questioning how different these games' characters might have been if the main protagonist were the opposite sex. 
For my final outcome I am thinking of producing a similar kind thing to the above examples. However it could also work as a poster laid out in rows/columns - but first I've got to continue creating the work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment