26/05/2014

Studio Brief 2 - The Illustrated Self

Evaluation 


Throughout this project I feel as though I have not only improved my digital skills/confidence but also investigated a matter that I am actually quite passionate about.
I think that my main downfall for this project was the planning of the final outcome. I worked through-out on the character designs and learnt how time consuming it is for me, but I neglected any further planning. As a result,  I think my poster lacks some kind of structure. I was planning on printing it in a book format too, but I ran out of time because I spent so long doing all the initial drawings. 
It was fun to work on a brief set by myself, however I also struggled with it because of the fact that it was so open. Initially I found myself a little lost, but looking at other practitioners work and then forcing myself to respond in some way really helped.  I think with such a flexible brief, it is easy to forget to research - when I did get round to trying to find some academic research, I think my project was improved because I was much more clear on my opinion and intent.
As I am able to improve this piece of work after the submission (for the end of year show), it gives me an opportunity to either try this out in a different format or to add some kind of structure to it. I think something as simple as a border could improve it or perhaps the text needs to be larger. I was happy with the scale (A2) because it meant all the detail and textures could be seen, so if I were to change the format, then I would keep to quite a large scale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment