21/05/2014

Studio Brief 2 - The Illustrated Self

 Captain Falcon

When I was sketching out Captain Falcon, I noticed how muscular the character was. I thought that I should try and replicate this on a female body, so I did some quick sketches using references to familiarize myself with the different muscle groups.






This character was the easiest to do so far. I'm not sure whether it was because the male version had a slightly younger/almost girly body, or whether it's because I am simply becoming more practiced at this. I have noticed I am getting much better at drawing foreshortening limbs just from having to draw them so much recently. 
I think my character designs could be improved if I had more time to spend on each one - I dedicated the better part of a day to each one. There are areas I'd like to tweak, such as hands and possibly angled facial features.




I am still unsure whether or not to present the characters as a poster or in a small booklet/zine. I feel as though the poster needs more structure but I'm not sure how to go about this. I am tempted to print both and see which I prefer when it's in front of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment