09/04/2016

Printing new business cards/visual identity



I finally decided on a design for my promotional material and I intended on printing out this promo pack/mailer (here) but once I got to the print room, I realised I had a file missing! That will have to be dealt with on Monday so that I can get it photographed nicely for my creative presence boards. 

I've been thinking a lot about how I want to present myself as a practitioner and as I may have stated in previous posts, I'd like to create my own sort of brand/shop. So much of my work is created with the intention of applying it to something. I know that my strongest suits aren't book illustration, designing posters or editorial, so that has helped me rule out what kind of illustrator I am. Last year at the Creative Networks event with Babs Tarr (here) she said that she just loved to draw cute girls in cute underwear and it's taken her to places she never expected - now she's one of the artists behind Batgirl for DC! My point is, although I am still going to keep trying to improve on my design based work (packaging design etc), there's still a huge part of my practice that it just focused around drawing cute, sassy characters and I want to capitalise on it. So to do this, I have started to create a range of products with this work on (stickers, prints etc) and adapted the designs for my promotional material into packaging for consistency. I will take this to as many art markets or conventions I can to get it seen, but also use it for selling stuff online. 


No comments:

Post a Comment