24/03/2016

Portfolio Progress

Since my previous post, I've asked a few people which business card design they preferred and this is the one everybody picked!
I agree that it's more eye-catching and because it's more recent, it's probably more appropriate for my body of work right now.
To create some consistency with all my promotional material, I've decided to carry it across onto my portfolio layout.

It's a work in progress but I'm slowly selecting work to go in it. I think there will end up being different sections within my portfolio because the content of my work varies quite a lot - I have packaging projects, pattern designs, character and lettering. The thing that brings all my work together is the fact that I often design with the intention of it being applied to something (product.packaging etc). I could try and organise it by process, but I flit between a few that I like, depending on what's appropriate so it would probably just look jumbled together. I'm not really sure why I'm being so precious about what I put into this because I've already uploaded a lot of work to my website. I suppose anything I put into this will be swapped out with newer work in a few months anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment