24/03/2016

Acceptance of Commission and ToC's



I'm SO happy I went to the lecture we had a couple of weeks ago with the Association of Illustrators (post about it here). I wouldn't have known how to put this together without the template they gave us and since somebody just contacted me about a commission, I can finally put it to use! Feeling pretty professional right now.
I had to type up all the ToC's because we just got print-outs, but it gave me a chance to read them through properly and get a better understanding of my rights as an Illustrator and the Client's rights. All the info the AOI gave us on how to price work/the questions you should ask about the client were really helpful too. As I've just been commissioned by a small independent business, I tailored my price to them - when I asked about their budget, they said they had no idea what the going rates were (they were scared I was going to ask for something like £500 which was way out of their budget). I got this commission through word of mouth essentially, so having up to date work on my website and various social media platforms definitely paid off because they were able to look me up before they contacted me!

No comments:

Post a Comment