21/10/2015

Wish List/Goals

The Start Up Wednesday session earlier today has really got me thinking about where I want to end up in a few years. The conclusion I've reached is that ultimately I want to have a studio with someone so that I can establish a freelance career, a shop that sells illustrated products and a little art cafe where people can enjoy cute cakes and cute artwork. The inspiration for this came from my desire to make illustrated products and my love for food (I guess it helps that my parents had their own restaurant and still work in the food industry!).
The most similar thing to what I am aiming for would be Colours May Vary in Leeds. They sell a wide range of products, like art prints, cards and books. They aim to create an environment that encourages people to come in and have a look at what they sell and have a flick through the various publications they stock. 
I've always been interested in creating an environment for people to visit that reflects my inspirations, interests and matches the visual identity of my practice. I find the idea of curating a space and showing others the inspirations behind my artwork really exciting. 
I'm not sure how long it'll take me to achieve all this and I may end up doing something completely different, but right now, this is the dream! In the meantime, I'm going to keep developing and exploring various parts of my practice - right now I think I need to find out more about comics, illustrated type & product and packaging and how they all fit into my work.


No comments:

Post a Comment