19/10/2015

Travelling Man Exhibition


I'm so excited to be a part of the Travelling Man exhibition during Thought Bubble!! I didn't want to get a table at the actual convention this year (definitely don't feel ready yet! I feel as though my practice is only just taking shape??) so I'm happy I can put my work out there some other way.
To make our work look more consistent as a collective, we decided to all use the same colour palette, rather than choose a theme as some people thought it might be too restricting (although there's a lot of sci-fi going on!) 
I didn't want to do fan art of some description and I haven't made any of my own comics like some of the others, so at first I was a little stumped for what to do. A lot of people will pass through Travelling Man during the festival, so I guess I've put a lot of pressure on myself to make my work stand out. 
For Inktober (an art challenge throughout October), I've been drawing a lot of monster/alien girls, and I was thinking of making those into a zine to sell at the convention. I guess it's only fitting that I do something similar for the exhibition. 
So far I've only done the flat colours and I might re-work the background, but I am quite happy with this so far. I actually enjoyed having a limited colour palette (of which I did not decide the colours - I would have chosen pink) and it definitely goes with the subject. I'm pretty blown away by what other people have produced so far, so hopefully once this is done it won't stick out in a bad way..


No comments:

Post a Comment