01/05/2015

Paulina Ganucheau


During OUIL505, I was hunting for a bit of inspiration and I came across Paulina Ganucheau (original post on studio practice blog here). I love how she creates a kind of sassy/edgy vibe with her female characters and still manages to use typically 'feminine' colour palettes. This is something I tried to implement into my characters for OUIL505 - I'm not sure how successful I was however. 
Whether it is conscious or not, her work definitely has a feminist tone of voice. There seems to be a lot of 'girl power' being put across - which is why I love it. I haven't ever really been interested in comics, but I think that's slowly starting to change. I really love how the lines are coloured - much more interesting than just using black. 
What really resonates with me about her work, is the strong female characters. I don't use character a lot in my work at the moment, but when I do, I definitely want them to look cute and badass like Ganucheau's.


No comments:

Post a Comment