23/03/2015

The Printed Peanut

I came across The Printed Peanut at the Hepworth print fair and instantly fell in love with the use of colour and the kind of low-fi aesthetic. The whole stall matched the artwork - there was a lot of pinks and blues which made it all really attractive. What I found most striking about the artwork was how it existed: traditional party games, notebooks, compact mirrors, soap packaging etc. I just thought they were all interesting platforms for illustration and she was clearly responding to a gap in the market. If I were going down a different route for OUIL505 this would've been great research but when I think about the bigger picture and where I want my work to exist in the future, I think I'd like it to be on products like this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment