23/03/2015

The Hepworth Print Fair

About a week ago, we were all contacted about the opportunity to sell work at the Hepworth Print Fair on the 21st-22nd March. There were no fees and we would be manning the stalls ourselves, we just had to find our own way there. I thought this would be a really great opportunity to sell some work,  meet other artists and illustrators and put myself across as a professional. 

Overall I think our stall looked great - it was a nice collective of work and the quality was good. I think the variety of work encouraged a lot of people to spend more time looking and spark up conversation. I did note that a lot of the other stalls (who had clearly done it before), had lots of racks/interesting ways of displaying work and you could see their identity coming through their presentation. 
I took along some business cards and it was interesting to see that even an older audience were picking them up over some of the others. 

I really enjoyed the whole experience and it was a great way to learn about all the things you don't really consider such as a float, print racks, taking shifts to man the stall and how to make the most of the space to get people interested. As I wasn't there on the Sunday, hopefully I find out at the meeting that I sold a few more prints!

No comments:

Post a Comment