24/02/2015

Creative Presence


  • What should your identity convey about you?
I want my identity to show my capabilities as a practitioner and my tone of voice - which in turn should show what kind of work I might be ore suited for. 
  • Is it actually important to have an identity as an illustrator?
I believe so because it is what separates you from everybody else who can draw a picture and it helps people understand your voice as a practitioner.

  • What could be included in your pack and why?
So far I am considering making business cards, badges, stickers, postcard sized prints of some of my artwork and I want it to be packaged in some form of box.
  • What are you wanting to achieve by producing promotional items?
By making promotional items, it'll help me see myself in a more professional manner - as well as other people. I want to use this promotional pack to present myself as a kind of brand that people will recognise and assimilate as me. 

To start with my creative presence, I recently made a Facebook page for my work. This is just to separate my work from my personal profile and to look a bit more professional. My Instagram on the other hand is a bit of a mix of my work and personal posts - I don't mind this however because this particular platform is much more 'laid back' and isn't the place people go to for professional portfolios. So far the responses on my online profiles have been great but I want to create a more professional profile - perhaps on LinkedIn and start thinking about whether I want to make a Tumblr or a website as an online portfolio. 



No comments:

Post a Comment