23/02/2015

Colours May Vary Exhibition - Off The Page!


To organise this exhibition, we split off into different groups to take care of specific things. I signed up for the promotional team and our first task was to make posters for the event. My initial ideas were:
As a group we had decided on a format for the text so that we were all working to the same specifications. Most of us put forward a design because at some point it was decided we have multiple poster designs to show the diversity of the work in the show. However, not all of the information on the poster was correct and there were some things missing. Due to a bit of bad communication, the posters went to print before they were signed off so we wasted a lot of money on that and we all got pretty worried about the whole situation. After a quick meeting, we came up with a plan to fix it and decided on having just one design to make it less confusing. 

I was pretty flattered that my hand drawn type was used for the final design and was made into a sticker to go on the window at Colours May Vary. It could be improved upon, but having people wanting to use it is encouraging and I think this is a new area of my practice I want to explore. 

All in all, the opening night was a success! We had a fantastic turnout (the guys at Colours May Vary said it was the busiest they'd ever seen the place!) - hopefully everybody else enjoyed themselves as much as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment