28/02/2014

What is illustration for? Vector based illustration examples

Vector based illustration covers a huge range of things from product design, promotion and characters. Previously,  I hadn't realised that vectors were so important when converting illustrations to different formats and scales. 




I've always been really interested in packaging illustration because in my eyes, it makes a product feel much more special. 


(Above) Chrissy Lau
What struck me about Lau's work is how intricate it is, which isn't usually associated with vectors. This really opened my eyes to the potential of working with vectors.




(Above) James Grover




Jongmee
Creating patterns with illustration is another area that I'm really interested in. This is why I originally considered pursuing illustration in the first place and I'm really eager to see what I can produce in our illustrator workshops. 


Muxxi

Sara Hingle




Tobias Goebel


Victoria Scott

Product/packaging illustration is just one area that vectors can be used for. With practically unlimited scaling, vectors are perfect for transferring designs onto other packaging, posters and wrapping paper etc. This kind of illustration is usually mass-produced and exists on all sorts of products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment