29/10/2013

Photoshop Inductions


This picture of frankenstein was originally part of my visual language task which was to explore different types of drawing tools. I made the original using black acrylic paint with a brush in my sketchbook. I then used the skills I have learnt in the last few sessions of the photoshop inductions. To begin with, I had only planned to add texture to the face and leave the background plain white. However, I ended up really liking the texture all over the image - it reminds me of a piece of graffiti on a concrete wall. 
I purposefully left the edges of the drawing quite rough so that it still looks hand drawn - although I could create a sharper version using photoshop or illustrator quite easily.


This is another piece from the visual language task. It is a monster from the film Beetlejuice directed by Tim Burton. I produced the image using ink and the back end of a paint brush. The jagged, rough lines gave the overall image quite an aggressive, scary feel and so I wanted the colours to reflect this. I used dark, broken colours and when applying textures knew I wanted them to be grungy and dark. 
I think this image would have been much more effective if the composition was slightly different. I could have included more of the monsters neck and maybe even a poor victim below. As the original was only on a piece of A5 paper,  I could always do another version on a larger scale to play with the composition and add more subjects. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment