22/10/2013

Photoshop Inductions


The gif above displays the steps of my image development.

I began with a scanned drawing from my sketchbook and adjusted the levels accordingly to make the lines darker. I then used the healing tool to clean it up (removing any dirt etc). I then used the magic wand tool to select and mask out the background - this would allow me to change the background color later without it affecting the main image. 
To begin colouring I used a 'Multiply' layer which allows you to colour over lines without it blocking them out. I then used a separate layer on normal blending mode to create an opaque background.
Once the image was all coloured in, I found some textures using google (however, you can also scan objects etc or use photographs) and applied them to the area I wanted by masking them and selecting an opacity that looked good. 


I found this session very useful and really love my outcome. I think it is a fantastic way to create digital artwork that still has the texture and line-work of hand-drawn pieces. 



No comments:

Post a Comment