18/01/2016

Workshop 18th Jan

What I've done so far:

  1. Attended & document Start Up Wednesdays sessions
  2. Make myself a website & online presence 
  3. Identified practitioners or areas of illustration I am interested in
  4. Taken part in an art market and distributed business cards at places like Thought Bubble
  5. Identified or contacted practitioners relevant to the development of my practice
  6. Used consistent branding across my promotional material
What I need to do before the end of the programme:
  1. Visit a studio or get relevant work experience
  2. Produce another promo pack to send out
  3. Have a printed portfolio
  4. Have more confidence in my work
  5. Get a job
What I aim to have achieved (1st year out)
  1. Travel to Japan to explore opportunities over there
  2. Take part in conventions
  3. Have a comfortable, inspiring studio space 
  4. Visit the Studio Ghibli museum
  5. Have a following
  6. Have a few freelance jobs under my belt
What I am to have achieved (5 years from now)
  1. Be able to fully support myself
  2. Live in another country for a year
  3. Learn a new language
  4. Have a good client list
  5. Have a my own 'brand' that I am confident describes me
In the next two weeks I need to:
  1. Contact Hallmark about a placement  done!
  2. Research other card companies to contact
  3. Upload new work onto my website
  4. Book print slot
  5. Re-design business cards/postcards/promo pack
  6. Start looking at expenses for trip to Japan and relevant studios/agencies over there

No comments:

Post a Comment