29/01/2015

Screen Printing Inspo'

Follow Sophie's board Inspo on Pinterest.
Currently my interests are focused on product/packaging and hand-drawn type or type as image. Until recently, I never really gave type a second thought. I'm no expert at drawing it so I'm embracing the learning curve and lo-fi/'I don't really know what I'm doing' aesthetic.

My recent antics with screen printing during OUIL504 Process & Production: Studio Brief 3, got me really excited about this process of image making and I was itching to do some more. During assessment week I had a day in the print room and I experimented with a one layer design - I just changed the stock. I hadn't previously experimented with many different coloured stocks in any of the processes I've used before and I really liked the results. I actually think some of the neon cards I used make the most interesting prints - it's also a great way to create different 'editions' of your work.


Next time I'm in the print room I want to focus on creating some sort of product. I bought some blank tote bags with the intention of screen printing some designs on but I'm not sure whether to use the same design or to do something different?


No comments:

Post a Comment