04/12/2013

Rudy Fig






What I like most about Rudy Fig's work is the combination of colours she uses. I love the soft, pastel tones with the bold outlines and the occasional much brighter colours. All of Rudy's characters connote a very childish, feminine - almost nostgalic feeling. The colours and clothes she paints remind me of sweets, cakes and childish innocence. The characters themselves all resemble young women, which contrasts with the childish innocence connoted. This has left me thinking: when do we leave childish things behind? Why not bring them with us into adulthood? When did society agree that I had to 'grow up'?
There are elements within Rudy's work that I will strive to incorporate into my own. Next time I draw a character based drawing, I will ask myself what I want to say with this character and how.

No comments:

Post a Comment